Welcome to Globe.pub, a friendly community for travelers! This is Main, our community for general travel discussion.
Please introduce yourself here – we would love to meet you! Make a post, tell us a little bit about yourself and what you like most about traveling.
Visiting a new place for the first time can be intimidating, but it’s always easier when you have help from friends. My goal is for us to build a community where travelers can give helpful advice, share their unique experiences, and learn from each other.
- Be empathetic, welcoming, and open.
- No racism, sexism, fascism, transphobia, or bigotry.
- Respect other people and don’t be a jerk.
- No political debate – keep talk on-topic for travel discussion.
- Mark content as NSFW.
- No spam or unsolicited promotion.
These rules are described in detail on our website. Report posts that break the rules using the
🚩 button and admins will take a look promptly.
What should I know?
Signups are open. You’re welcome to make an account on Globe.pub and start posting. We’re connected to other Lemmy instances and you’re welcome to use your Globe.pub account on other Fediverse sites.
Community creation is open. Are you enthusiastic about a particular kind of travel or a particular area of the world? Create a community and start posting! You’ll have a brand new space to attract other travelers who want to talk about your topic.
What should I post? Anything related to travel is welcome here. Here are some ideas:
- Articles about interesting destinations. Give us ideas for places to see that we haven’t heard of.
- Trip reports. Tell us about your experiences traveling somewhere else. What went well, what went poorly, and what would you do differently next time? These first-hand accounts are incredibly valuable for people planning their own trips.
- Itinerary checks. Do you have a trip planned out? Share your in-depth agenda with us and we’ll help you figure out what’s reasonable and what you should cut.
- Questions about travel. If you’re planning a trip and have questions, ask them here! We’ll do our best to help you out.
I’m a professional infrastructure engineer running this server in my spare time with my own money. I do my best to preserve your data and keep the site running, but I’m not perfect. I do not provide any guarantees for uptime or durability. There is a chance your data may disappear at any time without warning, but I promise I’m doing my best to keep that from happening – this is my home Lemmy instance, and I want to do right by you.
This server is hosted on a dedicated bare-metal instance located in a datacenter in the US. I do not provide any particular guarantees regarding the safety of your data, and I cannot safeguard your data against, for example, search and seizure by government officials. Do not use Lemmy to share sensitive information.
If something isn’t working as you expect, please email me at email@example.com.